- Iconic, diverse neighborhoods
- Directly on current Metro bus line and Future BRT route
- Proximity to many City services and community organizations
- Proximity to major hospitals and clinics
- Adjacent Opportunity Zone
- Walkable and bikeable area next to prominent bike path
- UW Arboretum and other natural amenities
- Beltline and other major roads
Future Land Use
2018 Comprehensive Plan (Imagine Madison)
Helps determines use, density, height, and type of development.
Regional Mixed Use (RMU):
- Intensive mix of region-serving retail, office, service, entertainment, civic, institutional, and high density residential uses
- Mapped close to the junctions of major streets, along major roads, close to highway interchanges, and along existing and planned high frequency/ high capacity public transit routes.
- Urban environment characterized by a pedestrian friendly public street network and buildings placed close to the sidewalk and street
- Parking should be located behind buildings, underground, in parking structures; on street parking is desirable where possible
- South Madison Neighborhood Plan Update (2020 update in progress):
- Wingra Creek BUILD Special Area Plan (2006):
- South Madison Neighborhood Plan (2005):
- Bay Creek Neighborhood Plan (1991):
Traditional Shopping Street (TSS) District Recommendations:
The TSS District is established to encourage and sustain the viability of Madison’s mixed-use corridors, which sustain many of the City’s traditional neighborhoods.
- Encourage pedestrian, bicycle and transit use.
- Encourage diversification of uses, including residential, commercial, and civic uses, in order to enhance the vitality and appeal of these areas.
- Maintain the viability of existing residential buildings located within or adjacent to these corridors.
- Encourage appropriate transitions between higher-intensity uses within TSS districts and adjacent lower-density residential districts.
Bay Creek Neighborhood Association: https://baycreekmadison.org/
South Madison Unite!: https://www.southmadisonunite.org/
District 13 Alder: Tag Evers – email@example.com
District 14 Alder: Sheri Carter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Development Steering Committee:
- Mike Arnold
- Pepe Barros and Fiona Weeks, Bram’s Addition
- Allen Arntsen, Monona Bay
- Tom Bunbury, Neighboring property owner
- Abby Davidson, Bay Creek
- Jennifer Ellestad, SSM
- Lisie Kitchel, Bay Creek
- Isadore Knox, SMPC
- Jesse Laz-Hirsch, South Madison Unite
- Maia Pearson, Burr Oaks
- John Perkins, Greenbush
- Jeff Richter, Capital View Heights
- Napoleon Smith